When it comes to covering windows in areas like a kitchen and bathroom, you not only have to factor in what style suits the look you’re going for, but if a window treatment can last in a high humidity environment. Choose wrong, and you’ll quickly have blinds and shutters that incur the wrath of moisture and oil, looking unsightly or even warping from the strain. This is why it’s so important to choose window treatments that are designed to withstand moisture and stains. To help you, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite water resistant blinds and shutters in our guide below.
Best blinds for bathrooms and kitchens
Aluminium shutters are one of the most common types of water-resistant window treatments used in kitchens and bathrooms. These practical and versatile shutters tend to be a little bit more expensive than timber shutters but offer a stronger resistance to wear and tear and all-around durability. They’re also incredibly resilient in strong weather situations and can effectively ward your home from the heat and cold.
Benefits of aluminium shutters include:
• Aluminium shutters are non-corrosive, as the aluminium forms a barrier to ward of rust.
• Available in lots of colour and finish options to suit different styles of décor.
• As they’re incredibly lightweight, aluminium shutters are very easy to install.
PVC shutters are an alternative to timber shutters that offers a similar look but better resilience. These types of shutters are commonly seen in areas where there’s a potential for water and oil to splashes, such as above the kitchen sink or bathtub. Reinforced with an aluminium core, PVC shutters make for one of the strongest window treatments on the market. They’re also considerably less expensive than their timber counterparts and covered in water-resistant paint to protect from peeling.
Benefits of PVC shutters include:
• PVC is incredibly long-lasting, and won’t easily warp, twist or bend.
• PVC shutters are the most affordable type of shutters available.
• These types of shutters are the most impervious to moisture and humidity.
PVC Venetian blinds
Like PVC shutters, PVC venetian blinds look and feel exactly like timber Venetian blinds. They offer the gorgeous natural appearance of timber but can withstand warping, twisting, and fading to a higher degree. These types of blinds are a good alternative to shutters, as they offer a similar appearance without the price tag. The moisture protective coating on PVC Venetian blinds makes them one of the best blinds for bathrooms and kitchens but they easily fit into any type of room.
Benefits of PVC Venetian blinds include:
• PVC Venetians blinds are very affordable and is cost-effective without sacrificing style.
• These types of water-resistant blinds are incredibly low maintenance and don’t need washing regularly.
• PVC Venetian blinds are available in a wide range of colours and finishes.
With a simple, elegant style roller blinds offer a more minimalistic look to a space. These types of blinds are available in water-resistant options, which means they’ve been coated in a moisture protectant that stops flecks of water, oil or grease from resting on the surface. These water-resistant blinds are ideal for someone opting for a subtle and classy look, as they can be paired with virtually any style of décor.
Benefits of roller blinds include:
• These water-resistant blinds offer a simple and attractive look and are available in many different colours.
• Roller blinds are available in sunscreen, light-filtering or blockout.
• Roller blinds are one of the most affordable window treatment options on the market.
Ready to spruce up your kitchen or bathroom?
If you’re thinking about updating the blinds in your kitchen or bathroom to something a little more resilient, be sure to browse our extensive range of water-resistant blinds and curtains today. If you’re unsure what style of blinds will suit your home best, you’re welcome to pop into your nearest showroom to discuss the best blinds for bathrooms with one of our friendly staff members. Or contact us online for a free measure and quote and have your moisture resistant blinds